This post has already been read 426 times!
Training: Coaching for the interview
In today’s world, the areas in which coaching has become an efficient tool are becoming more numerous. Generally, companies resort to coaching to give the staff occupational training.
The objectives of coaching vary from improving interpersonal relationships between workers and work teams, focusing the vision and work force in a particular direction, etc. However, coaching in the area of job searching has gained plenty of importance in the competitive work world of our days.
A coach can analyze problematic aspects from a different perspective to evaluate attitudes, behavior, reactions, forms of expression and body language, with the purpose of suggesting changes that can improve our job opportunities and developments in our career.
Now, a coach for an interview strengthens and motivates you to get the better of you, stand out and sell your talents and strong points during an interview. Coaching for an interview will train you to present and offer the best out of you in an interview and express the points you need to emphasize on your resume. An interview coach will help you improve your interpersonal abilities in an interview to obtain the job you desire, the coach will also help you be a better candidate, one that can truly impress the interviewer or potential employer, standing out from the rest of the candidates. This way, with the right coaching you’ll strengthen and increase your potential, maximizing your opportunities of being hired.
If you decide to hire a coach for a job interview you’ll be able to learn several things and techniques to put into practice before the interview, such as:
- Being more conscious about your strengths and areas that need improvement
- Preparing yourself to create a positive impact in your interviewer and/or possible employer
- Reinforcing your answers to leave a better impression
- Standing out from the rest of the candidates
- Familiarizing with the interviewing process
- Relaxation techniques so that you can face the interview in a calm mood, relaxed, and confident in yourself
- Knowing what clothes to wear and learning tips on how to dress for the interview
- Increasing your confidence and self-esteem
- Asking questions appropriately and understanding better the questions you’re being asked
- Being prepared to respond to any type of question in the interview
- Increasing your knowledge on what questions you’ll receive and how to answer them
- Being more motivated and inspired, you’ll be more enthusiastic and will be capable of showing it
- Practicing with a demo interview
With the help of coaching, you’ll be able to:
- Be more self-assured
- Offer questions that impress, without being dishonest
- Remain calm and in control
- Keep the right contact visual
- Express clearly and appropriately how the company will benefit with your experience
- Cause durable impression that allows your interviewer to remember you and your abilities
From the interview the coach will orientate you to:
- Write an efficient Thank-You letter, that makes a great impact
- Feel satisfied with the interview and yourself
- Make the follow-up calls in the right way and time
- Moving on with your career, whether you get the job or not
- Help you negotiate your salary, benefits, vacations, etc.
Above all, a coach will help you prepare yourself for your next big job opportunity. This type of coaching will bring the best out of you in every personal (verbal and body expression, etc.) and occupational (reaffirmation of your abilities) aspect, to assure you a position in the company that will interview you. If you have the opportunity and the desire to hire a coaching service for your next interview, don’t hesitate on doing it, consider it as an investment for your future.
Image Courtesy of Stuart Miles /freedigitalphotos.net